Ever wanted to get more involved with book blogging community? Maybe you’re a new book blogger or you’ve been around the blogosphere for years. Either way these events may spark your interest, as they’re created for book bloggers by book bloggers! We have prompts at the ready, wonderful hosts each event and of course tons more to come as we continue to scheme!
Bookend Events began with Blogoween back in 2018, which then evolved into Bookend Events, these events are co-created and co-run by myself and Sam @ Fictionally Sam. This post will act as your source for all updates, info as well as our official twitter account. We both wanted to plan events, for the long term, we also love the book blogging community. So this is us, doing our best to give back to you lot and hopefully create events you enjoy taking part in!
What Is It?
Bookend Events is a quarterly event that aspires to bring the book blogging community closer together! The original home to Blogoween, Bookend Events prides itself on hosting fun month long events and participation in different diverse readathons throughout the year!
How Can I Join?
You can join by filling out the form, for the upcoming event. The link to the form will be in the relevant event announcement post.
Bookending Winter 2020 (link to come)
What Counts As Taking Part?
Any of these things will count across ALL events. But for specifics, we suggest you check the announcement for the upcoming event to see a list of all possible ways to join in on the fun.
- Posting 3 times, using your own ideas or using Host prompts (minimum on your blog)
- Coming 2021: instagram prompts/crossover
- Book reviews DON’T count as part of the event – but you’re more than welcome to still post them throughout the month. Just remember they won’t count as part of your 3 posts
- Not restricted to a theme/topic – you can post about whatever you want, however, we do encourage discussion posts and/or creative post types as to branch out and have fun!
- We may have loose themes for each event, but you don’t need to follow these themes!
- General Topic Ideas: Discussion Posts, Tags/Awards, Memes, Writing Themed Posts, Blogging Themed Posts etc.
- You MUST include the Bookend Events logo somewhere on/within your post, this is so we know which posts are part of the event/got inspired through the event. It also helps us with blog hopping.
We have an official twitter for the event, where you can keep up to date with our plotting, as well as us just chatting to you guys. What you’re up to, and what’s been going on with us. Remember, this may be a quarterly event but it’s focused on community, productivity and creating our own support network of cheering people on.
- Follow us there @bookend_events
- Feel free to share your posts for the event on there, with the relevant # (check relevant announcement post for that)
- If you want to be doubly sure, we won’t miss your post, @ the official twitter account in your tweet
We also have an instagram which is mostly dormant…for now but it’s there. So if you do share your posts on instagram, either in a post/in stories or/and the prompts inspire you to take photos. Feel free to tag us over there!
- follow us there @bookend_events
- Coming 2021: livestream events
Want to get a flavour for the events? Feel free to snoop about past announcement posts, see the prompts, what was running back then etc. (some links will take you to Sam’s blog, as we rotate who has the announcement post!)
- Bookending Spring 2020
- Bookending Winter 2019
- Bookending Autumn 2019
- Bookending Summer 2019
- Bookending Spring 2019
- Bookending Winter 2018
- Blogoween 2018
(this section will be updated with new and relevant information/links, so make sure you bookmark this post to find all relevant links in one place)
Upcoming Event: Bookending Winter 2020 (link to come)
Running Time: 1st December – 31st December 2020
Participants Sign Up Form (link to come)
Hey so I hope this post was informative, helpful and insightful into giving y’all a glimpse of what you can expect in the upcoming months for these events. Sam and I are always so grateful for everyone’s support with these events, it truly warms our hearts and makes all the planning and hard work worth it!
Got a question? Unsure about something? Feel free to contact us on the official socials for Bookend Events or/and you can reach out to us in Discord! Failing that you can always leave your questions in the comments and I’ll get back to you!